Security and emergency
Here you can find important information about security and handling of emergency at the School of Electrical Engineering
In an emergency situation, first call 112.
- You will speak to an operator who will ask if you want the police, ambulance, fire brigade or social services.
- Give the correct address.
- Then call 08-790 7700, the KTH emergency number that is connected to a monitoring centre which ensures that the right official in the KTH safety organisation will be contacted.
In the case of respiratory/cardiac arrest - how to use the defibrillator
- The person who detects the situation calls 112 and gives the correct address for the ambulance.
- Ask a colleague to assist.
- Start CPR in the form of 30 compressions of the person's chest (heart compressions) followed by 2 breaths through the person's mouth or nose, i.e. the mouth-to-mouth method. The chest must be pushed down between 5 and 6 cm each time, between 100- 120 times a minute. Only interrupt the compressions for blowing into the person's mouth. Change places with another person if necessary, but DO NOT STOP.
- Ask someone to run and fetch the defibrillator and phone someone who is trained in its use:
- Start the defibrillator and follow the instructions it gives. Continue treatment without stopping until ambulance staff take over, even if the person does not show any visible signs of breathing or a pulse.
- If you have not already done so, move away any bystanders.
- Make sure that someone accompanies the person to the hospital.
Threats and robbert
- Always hand over what the robber demands.
- Give the robber free passage out.
- Call 112 from another location.
- Fill in the report:
Please, contact HR-manager Irina Radulescu if you want help to read this document and to fill in the report: firstname.lastname@example.org
A first aid kit is located at:
- The school office on Osquldas väg 10, ground floor, outside Room A337
- Teknikringen 33, floor 3 outside room 3220 and on floor 2 outside room 2202, and in the electrical machines laboratory, TR33, in the basement
- Teknikringen 31 there are medical care information boards in all corridors
If serious personal injuries:
- The person who detects the situation calls 112. Give the correct address to the ambulance
- Ask a colleague to assist you
- Take care of the injured person in a secluded place if possible, talk calmly to them, keep them warm and do not leave them alone
- Move away any bystanders
- Make sure that someone accompanies the injured person to the hospital
If a colleague starts to feel unwell psychologically, contact your immediate manager. If it is a student, contact somebody at the education office at the School of Electrical Engineering.
In urgent situations, contact the emergency psychiatric reception at St Görans Hospital on 08-672 25 33, and for less urgent cases check.